Laser Diode Filters
Visible laser diode filters are made with advanced processes to enhance their physical longevity, as opposed to standard “off-the-shelf” filters. SpectroFilm laser diode filters have an anticipated working life of five years.
Angle of Incidence and Blue Shifting
The center wavelength of the filter will shift toward shorter (blue) wavelengths as the angle of incidence increases. The greater the angle, the greater the shift. This is known as “blue shifting”.
Laser Diode Tolerances
Diodes typically have a wavelength tolerance of +/-10nm. Corresponding to to surrounding temperature decreases and increases, this wavelength (measured at room temperature) will decrease and increase at a rate of 0.25nm/ºC.
Laser Wavelength (nm): Actual CWL@0º AOI (to compensate for blue shift)
Laser Diode Filter Specifications
ACTUAL CWL@0° AOI
to compensate for blue shift
0° AOI Application – Narrow Laser lOnm B/W +/-2nm
0°-35° AOI Application – Wide Laser 70nm B/W +/-14nm
- Transmission at Laser Line: 80% Minimum (85% Typical)
- FWHM (Bandwidth): Narrow 20nm, Intermediate 40nm, Wide 70nm
- Out of Band Transmission: .001% (50db attenuation average)
- Spectral Range: X-ray to 1150nm
- Effective Index: 2.1
- Operating Temperature: 20ºC to 80ºC
- Humidity Resistance: Minimum 20 Cycles (MIL-STD-810E) Method 507 Procedure 1
- Size and Tolerance: Diameter 24.4mm =/-.15, Thickness 3mm +/-.25, Usable Aperature 23mm +/-.40
- Pricing: 1-3 pieces $85 each, 4-10 pieces $70 each. Call for other quantities.
- Custom black anodized rings for 24.4mm diameter are available upon request. O.D. to 25.4mm (1″ diameter). All laser diode filters are manufactured to be ISO9200-compliant.
- For further information on laser diode filters call our Billerica, MA office
at (978) 670-7192.